Wednesday 15 December 2010

Anthropologie say WHAT?!

I'm fairly new to this whole Anthropologie thing being a Brit but was chuffed when they came over here as I had heard so much about them. I've also seen loads of 'Anthro inspired' tutorials on the many blogs I read so knew they must be something special. What I hadn't quite cottoned on to was the reason behind the ever growing number of copycat tutorials.... the feckin prices!!! I mean, really?! Who can afford this stuff?! I earn a pretty good wage and even I gasped in horror and hid behind a cushion when I saw the price tags!! Now I know you pay for what you get but on looking through the website I reckon I could make half their stuff for a fraction of my hard-earned pennies. Check me out with my crafty groove on!

Take this for example....


from here
 Pretty, huh? It's £32!! Not so pretty now is it?! Hmph! I know, I know. I sound like a right old miser. I'm not at all. I like pretty things as much as the next girl and, if I think it's worth it, I'll pay it. So not forking out £32 quid on this, though, as much as I like it. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to the bead shop to see if I can re-create this for under ten quid. Oooh, I loves a challenge, me! If I manage not to superglue any of my appendages together I'll show you my efforts in the next couple of days.

Love, hugs and bubbles
Loola xx

2 comments:

You Are My Fave said...

I'm so with you, everything is way overpriced there. But still lovely...

Tids said...

I'm still working on my cheapy necklace. I'm determined not to cave in and hand over my credit card!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com // PS Brush by Pink On Head